There are lots more than just reusable water bottles and grocery bags available these days to help you live a greener lifestyle. Here are a few that can save money AND landfill space:
1. Ditch the zip-top baggies: Did you know you can now buy reusable storage bags for things like sandwiches, snacks, or leftovers? Try Amazon or a store like Target.
2. Produce bags: Mesh produce bags can replace all those thin produce bags at the grocery store, and they won’t dump all your carrots. You can find these at Amazon or Target, too.
3. No more cling film: There are handy wax fabrics you can replace your plastic cling wrap with now. Bonus: you just need to rinse dry to re-use, and it’s reusable AND biodegradable. Check out: beeswrap.com
4. Use your own coffee cup: Take your own cup to your favorite café and ask them to save the paper cup. Keep a clean one in your vehicle for unplanned coffee runs.
5. Skip the dryer sheets: Reusable wool dryer balls can soften and fluff your laundry without the chemicals commercial dryer sheets use. You can add your favorite essential oil if you want to a fresh scent. You can find them at most big-box stores and: MollysSuds.com